Planning the Stewardly Way
Everyone has inherent gifts of time, ability and financial resources; your collective wealth if you will. A Stewardly life is a planned life utilizing your collective wealth in the most resourceful way that you are personally gifted. To do that well, you should understand certain transcendent principles of each of these aspects of your personal wealth:
Abilities - Employment in Vocation and Avocation
- God created you uniquely.
- Your ability is specific to your life purpose, your calling.
- God intended work to be joyful.
- Adversity in work is part of your personal growth.
- Faith must be a component of your endeavors in life to be truly eternally enduring.
Finances - Financial Planning
- Spend less than you earn
- Avoid the use of debt
- Build Liquidity
- Set Long Term Financial Goals
- Develop and Maintain an Eternal Perspective
- Rejoice in Generosity
Time - Time Management
- Your time is really not your own.
- Leave room for opportunity to serve others in your day.
- Serving others keeps a balanced perspective.
- You always have something to give to someone else.